Q: When my car gets warm and I stop at a light or stop sign it shuts off only after car get warmed up I've changed a few things but

I'm running out of options need a professional opinion! EGR sensor came up on computer I changed that problem still exists, I've changed fuel filter, didn't work still same problem. When car shuts off I have to wait 15 to 20 minutes for it to start back up. Fuel pump is fine so I'm at a standstill I do have a hole in my timing chain cover and bad oil leak and I'm guessing that's throwing off sensors, my second question is could bad sensors be causing all these problems?? I would greatly appreciate any help or feedback thank you

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a failing ignition coil. The 15-20 minute gap in between when you are able to start your car sounds like something called heat cycling. This happens when ignition coils begin to fail due to excessive heat and shorting out. Ignition coils are coated with a varnish-like insulation that becomes brittle over time after being stretched then contracted repeatedly The insulation develops small fractures that open when heated and close when cooled. When open, they allow shorting of coil windings and decrease or eliminate the coil’s ability to function. This type of temperature cycling happens because every time you shut the engine off, the fan stops running, the coolant stops flowing and the temperature under the hood rises. Every time you start the engine again the coolant flows, the fans turn on, and the temperature drops. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle to properly diagnose your ignition system.

• When my car gets warm and I stop at a light or stop sign it shuts off only after car get warmed up I've changed a few things but