Q: When it is cold outside. It will not start.Can you please help me?

When it is cold outside my 1997 Chevy k1500 will not start. I had it on a code reader and it shows code P0420 and P 1351. I need help. I have replaced a lot of parts.

The codes listed are for issues with the emissions and ignition systems. Code P0420 indicates that the catalyst efficiency for bank 1 is below the specific threshold. That is, that the computer has detected that the catalytic converter is not reducing emissions properly. This can be caused by many things, most commonly faulty oxygen sensors or depleted catalytic converters. Code P1351 indicates that the computer has detected an excessively high voltage for the ignition circuit. This is likely related to your truck’s no start condition. A few possible causes for this are a faulty ignition relay, ignition switch, ignition module / coil, or a faulty ECM. I would start by testing the ignition system components one by one to see if any of them may be malfunctioning, before moving on to testing the computer for possible faults. Once this issue is cleared and the truck starts, then you can move on to solving the other trouble code.

3. When it is cold outside. It will not start.Can you please help me?