Q: I have a ford Explorer 2002 it does not go when I put it drive now it will not go at all.

My car will start up but when I put it in drive it will not go but I put in lower gears it will go a little bit now it will not go at all. What do now to get it fix?

Unless there is an engine management fault (total loss of power), your issue has to do with the transmission. Check to be sure there is adequate transmission fluid as a low level can cause malfunctions. The possible causes of failure to move include a shift linkage fault, faulty torque converter or oil pump, valve body faults, or other major internal transmission component failure. A few basic checks using an externally mounted hydraulic pressure gauge can sometimes narrow the diagnostic fairly quickly. If you desire that the fault be pinpointed, please schedule service using YourMechanic’s diagnostic service request page for failure to move. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. I have a ford Explorer 2002 it does not go when I put it drive now it will not go at all.