Q: Ok so in Jnauary i ahd my water pump for my 2009 Jaguar XF Supercharged replaced, but the warning light for coolant low still show

asked by on August 02, 2017

I own a 2009 Jaguar XF Supercharged and I had recently changed the water pump because the P2106 was read as faulty water pump. But then after a couple of days of driving the car the coolant low signal started showing again. Took the car to Auto Zone to have the code read and it came up to same p2106 which implied I had faulty water pump. But mind you I had just replaced the water pump a few day ago. About a week ago I had the transmission replaced because after driving the car for about 20min the transmission will get stuck on the third gear and will not shift until I turn off the engine and restart the car. Couple of days ago I came to find out that the 2009 Jaguar supercharged transmission has an independent auxiliary water pump that cools the transmission or the supercharge if I may put it that way. So my question to you is, could it be that I changed the wrong water pump? could it also be that my previous transmission got bad because of the failure of a faulty auxiliary water pump

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

P2106 can be caused by many, many faults other than a failed water pump including: general engine overheating, coolant leaks, EGR valve malfunctions, mass air flow sensor malfunctions, drive axle modifications, ABS, Traction Control or Stability Control failures, automatic transmission problems, abnormal system voltages, and other causes. Inasmuch as all these other potential causes exist for code P2106, there may not have been anything wrong with the water pump to begin with unless you did test it directly and confirm a fault, let alone the "second" water pump you are referring to. AutoZone staff do not, and cannot, perform vehicle diagnostics and codes read on scanners are not, and have never been a "diagnostic". In fact, codes sometimes completely "misrepresent" the actual underlying fault in an engine when trouble develops. At this juncture, you need a conclusive diagnostic that although it will "begin" with the code P2106, a professional has to determine exactly what the underlying issue is. The recommended service to get your issue resolved is a check engine light diagnostic. If you request that service, a certified mechanic will read the codes and then TEST actual parts, that is perform a diagnostic, to find the fault and get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr