Q: When I try to turn on my car key , it is not allowed me to do.may I know what went wrong

I could not able turn on my car key, it became so hard to turn it on.I don't know what went wrong. My gear is in neutral, and I tried to rotate steering but I failed to turn the ignition on.please let me know what should I do

Hi. This is a common problem with Honda ignition key cylinder. The key cylinder has wafers in it and those wafers move to fit the key when it is put into the ignition allowing the key to turn and start the car. What has happened is the wafers are not moving to fit the key and when this happens the key cylinder will not turn causing your problem. The ignition key cylinder will need to be replaced and the key will have to be programed to the car. We have certified techs at YourMechanic that can replace your ignition key cylinder.

3. When I try to turn on my car key , it is not allowed me to do.may I know what went wrong