Q: When I drive it in Manuel mode it automatically show 5 on the dash and won't let me change it

My car will start off going slow an it take time for it to catch speed. And when I want to drive it like a Manuel it automatically shows 5 on the dash and it won't let me lower the number on the dash. We already changed the Crankshaft Sensor.

It would appear that your vehicle is stuck in one gear and is experiencing some serious transmission problems. I would advise not driving the vehicle to prevent possible damage to the engine. Driving a vehicle from a stop in a higher gear is not good for the engine and can make a potentially small problem a much bigger one.

There are quite a few variables that can cause your vehicle to stick in one gear such as a stuck shift solenoid, or really dirty or low fluid. Because of your mileage and the unknown condition of the vehicle and transmission, I would recommend finding a reputable transmission repair shop in your local area to assist your with your Nissan Maxima.

However, if you want a second opinion on this matter, have the car looked at buy a certified mechanic who can diagnose your shifting issue firsthand.

• When I drive it in Manuel mode it automatically show 5 on the dash and won't let me change it