Q: When I drive it in Manuel mode it automatically show 5 on the dash and won't let me change it

My car will start off going slow an it take time for it to catch speed. And when I want to drive it like a Manuel it automatically shows 5 on the dash and it won't let me lower the number on the dash. We already changed the Crankshaft Sensor.

A: It would appear that your vehicle is stuck ...

It would appear that your vehicle is stuck in one gear and is experiencing some serious transmission problems. I would advise not driving the vehicle to prevent possible damage to the engine. Driving a vehicle from a stop in a higher gear is not good for the engine and can make a potentially small problem a much bigger one.

There are quite a few variables that can cause your vehicle to stick in one gear such as a stuck shift solenoid, or really dirty or low fluid. Because of your mileage and the unknown condition of the vehicle and transmission, I would recommend finding a reputable transmission repair shop in your local area to assist your with your Nissan Maxima.

However, if you want a second opinion on this matter, have the car looked at buy a certified mechanic who can diagnose your shifting issue firsthand.