Q: Oil leaking out

asked by on February 14, 2016

My motor oil is leaking out.

Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

I would ask for help from a mechanic at YourMechanic. They can come to you and properly diagnose your oil leak.

After sitting over night the brakes on my wife's 2001 Mercury Sable won't release . After waiting several minutes there's a pop a they release

Hi there. The noise that you are hearing is the parking brakes not releasing. Check the cable to the parking brake pedal and see if the cable is snagging on something under the car. If not, then the rear brakes...

Serpintine belt broke, there's fluid everywhere, and steering is very difficult now.

Once you clean off all the fluid and have put on a new belt make sure belt is turning and fill the power steering pump with fluid and let idle and move steering a quarter turn back and forth several...

Tire has slow leak

Hello. If your tire has a slow leak, this is likely due to a small hole being in it. It is very common for people to drive over a nail, screw, or road debris. When the object is stuck in...

Car is making a knocking noise when stopping. Other mechanics say it's motor. Some say it's the piston

Unfortunately, there is no way to tell without doing some more testing. The timing and small details about the noises you are hearing may make a huge difference in diagnosing the issue. Lifters will make more of a "clicking"...

Rear rotors on a sienna 2013 too thin

Any time a brake rotor is resurfaced to get rid of surface grooves or warpage the cutting off of a layer of the metal is removed until a flat smooth surface is achieved. After the surface is resurfaced the rotor...

Why is red oil warning light comes on and off - 2011 Chevrolet Cruze

One thing that could cause this is an oil pressure sensor fault. This sensor measures oil pressure signals which are electrical. There could be a mechanical issue with the engine. You would need to check oil pressure with a gauge....

My car is overheating and the coolant is leaking from the radiator - 2000 Honda Civic

The cooling system is designed to be a closed, pressurized system. It acts kind of like a pressure cooker. When there is a leak in the system, it causes the water to boil and will heat up quicker, as the...

Sunroof not working

There are a few possible reasons for your sunroof not to work. The most common are the sunroof motor and switch. I would have the motor and switch checked to see if they are getting power. I recommend seeking a...

Gear shifter not aligned correctly, stuck in gear 2001 Ford Ranger

Hello - whether for a manual or automatic transmission, your Ranger uses cable linkage between the shifter and the transmission. Over time, both the attachment points, the cables themselves, and the pivot bushings in the linkage become worn - sometimes...