Q: whats wrong with your car dies often and sputters and uses more gas then usual

what does it mean if your car dies often and sputters doesnt want to take off and uses m ore gas then usual

The symptoms you are describing mean that there is a fault or faults in the ignition, fuel, or air induction systems. Occasionally, the cause is found outside the engine though, for example, if the exhaust system is severely restricted. The good news is you are not describing an intermittent problem and so the cause(s) will typically be evident once a rough running diagnostic is performed. During the diagnostic, the Mechanic will first check to see if the engine computer has set any trouble codes. If so, once those codes are downloaded, the Mechanic can narrow the range of possibilities in terms of where the malfunction is. If no narrowing is possible, basically all of the following possibilities, and many more, have to be separately considered: Dirty Fuel Injectors; Incorrect Idle Speed; Vacuum Leaks; Incorrectly Installed or Damaged Spark Plugs; Defective or Clogged Fuel Pump; Clogged Fuel Filter; Failing Electrical Components, particularly in the ignition system but also including engine sensors; Defective Airflow Sensor; Dirty Oxygen Sensors; and much more. If you desire to schedule a rough running diagnostic, you can do that at YourMechanic’s website.

3. whats wrong with your car dies often and sputters and uses more gas then usual