Q: what would make a thud thud thud sound that slows down while coming to a stop and the front end also shakes when brakes press hard

asked by on April 26, 2016

When coming to a stop and if I have to press brakes a little hard the front end shakes and steering wheel also, and just recently I hear a thud thud sound that slows down while coming to a stop. What could this be. Brakes and Rear end or could it be just brakes calipers?

This sound like the brake rotors are warped badly. I would suggest having the brakes inspected by a mechanic to verify the problem and diagnose any problems with the braking system. I would think the brake rotors and pads in front would be the minimum repair to fix your problem but there may be additional issues that only an inspection would reveal. I’d recommend having a mechanic inspect your brake system to find the root of the problem.