Q: What would cause a front coil spring to come out of its seat?

Two days ago a local shop replace my tie rod ends, today after a long drive I just happened to look under my truck and see that the passenger side coil spring is sitting out of its seat. Could this be related to the tie rod job or is it probably just coincidence?

A: Hello, thanks for writing in about your Dod...

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Dodge Ram 1500. Spring removal is not needed to change tie rods. It's possible the spring is broken, or the upper spring seat/cup may have broken off the chassis due to rust or corrosion. If you need assistance with getting it fixed, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home and replace the suspension spring. Best of luck.