Q: Can't start car due to security system

My car will not start because of the security system. It is not letting it bypass the security. I had to replace the ignition switch, and since then the security system will not let me start the car.

Hi there. Your vehicle’s anti-theft system seems to be malfunctioning. A change of ignition cylinder will cause this problem because your vehicle thinks someone attempted to steal it. It is possible to bypass this anti-theft system in order to ensure the ignition side of your vehicle anti-theft system. Your vehicle’s anti-theft control system maybe the problem as well. This problem is difficult to properly diagnose without having the vehicle physically present. I’d suggest having a certified mechanic look into your issue with more detail to ensure proper diagnosis.