Q: What type of gas so I use?

Does this truck have a gas chip in it that requires it to have 91 fuel in it? OE will it run on 87 fuel?

Your truck should be perfectly fine running on 87 octane fuel. Generally, engines that use a higher compression ratio and/or use supercharging or turbocharging to force more air into the engine will require higher octane fuels. Increasing pressure in the cylinder allows an engine to extract more mechanical energy from a given air/fuel mixture but requires higher octane fuel to keep the mixture from pre-detonating. In these engines, high octane fuel will improve performance and fuel economy. In any case, you should always reference your owner’s manual to be certain as to the proper octane fuel to run in your vehicle. If your owner’s manual says your vehicle doesn’t require premium but says that your vehicle will run better on higher octane fuel, it’s really up to you. The cost increase is typically higher than the fuel savings. However, lowering CO2 emissions and decreasing petroleum usage by even a small amount may be more important than cost to some consumers.

3. What type of gas so I use?