Q: What should I know about the fuses in my SUV?

What should I know about the fuses in my SUV?

Your vehicle is equipped with a lot of different electronics, from your radio to the navigation system, your headlights and much, much more. All of those systems rely on electricity to work, but if too much power is sent into the circuit, it can damage the component. Fuses provide protection from over-voltage situations. If too much electricity is sent into the circuit, the fuse blows. This protects the accessory, but it won’t work until the fuse is replaced.

Tips

• If you have an accessory that won’t work, the first thing to check is the fuse for that circuit.

• Don’t replace a blown fuse with a higher voltage fuse. Always use a fuse of the same rating.

3. What should I know about the fuses in my SUV?