Q: What precautions should be followed when seating children?

What precautions should be followed when seating children?

It’s vital that you follow some specific safety tips and precautions in regards to where and how you seat your kids in the car. Disregarding this information could put them in serious danger. Here’s what you need to know:

• Never place a rear-facing car seat in the front seat. These should ONLY be positioned in the back seat.

• Never place a front-facing car seat in the front unless absolutely necessary. If you have to, make sure:

• The passenger front seat is as far from the air bag as possible.
    • The car seat is properly secured using the seat belt.
    • The seatback is angled correctly for the car seat.
    • The child is correctly secured in the car seat.
  • If at all possible, never let any child under the age of 13 ride in the passenger front seat.

• If carrying multiple children and you must put one in the front seat, it should be the oldest/largest.

• Always follow your car seat manufacturer’s directions for installing the seat properly.

3. What precautions should be followed when seating children?