Q: What needs to be replaced to fix oil in the spark plug chamber on 2004 Infinity FX35?

i changed the spark plugs today and there was oil inside the spark plug chamber on the plugs closest to the firewall on both sides. what needs to be replaced and how much would it cost to fix these oil leaks? It would seem that the valve cover gaskets are leaking...would you agree?

It sounds like you may also have some leaking valve cover gaskets that may be causing oil to leak into the spark plug chambers. This can happen for a number other reasons as well such as failing o-rings in the spark plug holes that may allow oil to leak out as a result of the o-rings not sealing properly. Other possibilities such as worn valve guides or failing piston rings may also cause this, however given the mileage on your vehicle, failed valve cover gaskets or spark plug o-rings are likely the most probable causes for this to happen.

3. What needs to be replaced to fix oil in the spark plug chamber on 2004 Infinity FX35?