Q: What makes my trailblazer start and die repeatedly? I have changed fuel pump and steering column whats next?

2000 trailblazer start and dies over and again? How do i fix this?

Hello, thank you for writing in. When you address the steering column, I am assuming that you replaced the ignition switch. This is one component that may cause this issues, but you are most likely dealing with an air, fuel, or spark issue. Have you scanned the vehicle for diagnostic codes (even without a check engine light)? There may be one stored that will help you in this process. You will want to look at the throttle body, throttle position sensor, mass airflow sensor, and idle air control valve. You are also supposed to change the fuel filter when you change the pump, and a clogged filter would restrict fuel pressure (which can also be tested). You will also want to examine the ignition system and test to make sure the spark plugs are receiving the voltage that they need. Only further testing will tell. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. What makes my trailblazer start and die repeatedly? I have changed fuel pump and steering column whats next?