Q: What does the warning “Vehicle coming from the left” or “right” mean in the message center?

What does the warning “Vehicle coming from the left” or “right” mean in the message center?

A: If your car is equipped with a Cross Traffi...

If your car is equipped with a Cross Traffic Alert system, you may see two messages come across the central display. One should say “Vehicle coming from left” and the other will say “Vehicle coming from right.” Both of these are normal. It means that your cross traffic system is working correctly and that it is alerting you to an approaching vehicle. Hold tight and let the other car(s) pass, and then back out of the parking space.

Tip

You will only see these messages when the cross traffic system is engaged and operating.