Q: What does the reduce engine power mean

asked by on November 20, 2016

What does reduce engine power means

Car is slow to accelerate Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there:

In general, when you experience a loss of engine power in a 2008 Ford Turbo Diesel pick-up, it’s a sign of two potential problems. First and most common is that the fuel or ignition system is damaged, faulty or simply needs to be cleaned. Essentially, the fuel is not burning efficiently. This could be also be a sign that the turbo needs service; especially if you’ve got over 100,000 miles on the pick-up. Second, it could be an indication that the transmission is starting to wear or that hydraulic pressure inside the transmission might be low. The best way to diagnose why your Super Duty is experiencing power loss is to have a mobile mechanic complete a vehicle is slow to accelerate inspection.