Q: What do the maintenance service codes mean with the multi-information display?

What do the maintenance service codes mean with the multi-information display?

The Maintenance Minder™ system on your car does much more than just remind you that you’re about to exceed the oil life. It’s designed to help you keep tabs on all of your car’s maintenance, from tire rotations to transmission services. It tells you this information with a main item code and then a sub item code. For instance, you might see something like this in the display: A 12. This means it’s time for an oil change, as well as a tire rotation and an air filter replacement. Here are some of the codes you’ll need to know:

• A indicates you need an oil change.

• B codes include the following:

• Oil and filter replacement
    • Brake inspection or service
    • Parking brake adjustment
    • Fuel line inspection
    • Driveshaft boot inspection
    • Fluid level inspection
    • Tie rod and suspension inspection

There may be numbers that follow the code A or B indicator. The numbers refer to the following:

• 1 means that you need a tire rotation.
  • 2 means that you need an air filter and/or a cabin filter.
  • 3 means it’s time for a transmission service.
  • 4 means it’s time to have your spark plugs replaced and your valve clearance checked.
  • 5 means you need to have the coolant drained and filled.

• What do the maintenance service codes mean with the multi-information display?