Q: What do the error messages mean on the CD player?

What do the error messages mean on the CD player?

Your Accord’s audio system is advanced enough to give you some information if an error occurs during operation. This information can help with troubleshooting, as well as understanding why a disc might not play. Here’s a quick summary of the messages you should know:

1. Heat Error – This is caused by a high temperature in the disc player and should go away when the unit cools off.

2. Unsupported – This means that a track or file on the disc is not supported or is protected.

3. Bad Disc Please Check Owner’s Manual Push Eject – This means that the disc should be ejected and inspected for damage.

4. Mech Error – This indicates a mechanical error, often due to scratched, dirty or damaged discs.

5. Changer Error – Eject the disc, inspect it, and reload it if it is undamaged and clean.

6. Check Disc Load – Eject and reload the disc.

7. Bad Disc Please Check Owner’s Manual – This indicates a problem with the changer servo, and that the disc should be removed.

3. What do the error messages mean on the CD player?