Q: What do I do if I cannot get my truck out of park?

What do I do if I cannot get my truck out of park?

There is a Brake-Shift Interlock feature on your truck that keeps the vehicle from being moved from the park position when the brake pedal is not pressed down. If a malfunction occurs and you cannot get out of park even while the brake pedal is being pressed, you can manually take the vehicle out of park. To manually take the vehicle out of park.

1. Turn the car off and pull up on the parking brake.

2. Move the steering column all the way down and back.

3. Take off the gearshift lever boot.

4. Take off the upper shroud on the gearshift lever boot rolling it up to the hinge and pulling straight back.

5. Remove the fasteners on the lower shroud.

6. Move the lock lever into the unlocked position and take off the lower shroud by pulling the lever.

7. Press the brake pedal and put the vehicle in neutral.

8. Start the vehicle.