Q: What causes a howling sound in a 99 Buick Regal LS?

My car makes a howling sound that resembles that of a wolf. There is a video I've seen with the exact same car making the exact same noise but there was no answer as to what causes it and or how to correct it.

A: Hello, thanks for writing in. The howling n...

Hello, thanks for writing in. The howling noise may be an air filter housing or the filter problem. Try to remove the air filter after cleaning out the filter housing and securing it and road test to see if noise goes away or changes tone. If you are using an aftermarket intake tube then it is the tube causing the noise. If you are using the original filter housing then check every tube for any leaks. Hold throttle up to see if you can duplicate problem without driving it. Then see what is making the noise. Sometimes the throttle body and intake need cleaned to get rid of noise. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.