Q: We need to know how to remove vinyl cover on console between driver's seat and passenger seat.

We are preparing to sell the truck. We have access to a replacement cover since the one we have is cracked. But we can't figure out how to remove the cover. It appears to be held in place by a very thin metal rod, but we can't see how to move it out. Thanks for your help. Cathy Wilson

Normally, the center console lid is held on with screws. The thin metal rod is usually a spring that enables the lid to open easily. I would recommend searching around for any screws that may be mounting the lid to the console. You may have to remove the inner section of the console in order to gain access to the screws that secure the lid. I would also take a look at the new lid to determine how it could possibly be mounted to the console and use that in determining how to remove the old one.

• We need to know how to remove vinyl cover on console between driver's seat and passenger seat.