Q: we have a 2012 Infinty QX56 20 passenger Super stretch limo in our fleet. Rear end grinding

last evening there was a grinding noise coming from the rear of the SUV. It is a 20 passenger Super Stretch Limousine. The factory rear was probably not changed when it was converted. The gears are grinding bad, and the vehicle will not move. is there a heavy duty truck rear end that is compatible, or a kit to replace the gears

A: Typically, a rear end assembly will fail du...

Typically, a rear end assembly will fail due to lack of maintenance, but severely worn brake pads may cause the same type of noise. The rear of the vehicle may be lifted and the vehicles transmission set to rear wheel drive to see if the rear wheels will move in drive. If there is movement from the driveshaft and wheels do not move, then the rear end has to be replaced. This service will have to be done at your local Infiniti dealer for the best results as they are best equipped with the right parts to go back on the vehicle. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and assess the damage on your vehicle to offer a more personal diagnosis.