Q: Was on highway fuel disengaged but still had transmission but a few minutes and transmission disengaged

fuel disengaged and transmission went to neutral

A: Hello. Without additional detail as to what...

Hello. Without additional detail as to what you are referring to by saying the fuel disengaged, this may be difficult to diagnose without running a scanner on the vehicle. However, there are many things that can cause the fuel supply to be shut down, such as faulty wiring connections, bad fuel injectors, failing mass air flow sensor, low fuel pressure, a bad ECM, a bad O2 sensor, and many others.

Depending on the severity of this, your car's ECM has a "fail safe" mode that will sometimes engage, shutting down most of the car's major engine and drivetrain components as a means to prevent further damage and maintain safety of the driver. This may also explain the transmission shutting down as well. In either case, this is something that will need to be diagnosed by a professional. A certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to inspect the transmission problem and advise you on a repair.