Q: Warm start problems 2000 integra gs

Hi I have a 2000 integra gs and only sometimes on a warm start it won't turn on, I can hear the fuel pump turning on and the car keeps cranking, have a 2 month old distributor and new wires and spark plugs btw, and so I usually have to sit for 20 mins in the parking for it to finally start up and when it does start it idles up to 2000 rpm and doesn't drop down until 10 minutes later down the road, cold starts are perfect warm starts are where the problems come in, can seem to find the problem and I hate driving to car meets cause I'm embarrassed to have my car not wanna turn on in front of everyone

Hi Roberto. Quite often when a car is hard to start when it’s warm, the root issue is either a faulty cam or crankshaft position sensor or simply that the fuel injectors or throttle body is clogged with excessive carbon build-up. You can try to use a fuel injector cleaner or clean them manually to see if this improves your situation. If this doesn’t help, it might be a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection.

You will need to see if your engine is getting spark when your engine will not start. You also should check to see if you have a code stored for a crankshaft sensor. If no sensor pulse then the vehicle will not start.