Q: Steering Wheel Locked, Leaking Power Steering Fluid

Drove my truck to work yesterday and it was completely fine. When I got in to go home, my steering wheel stayed locked up like the vehicle was off. Very difficult to turn. My power steering fluid was completely empty and when I refilled it, it leaked out immediately. I know these trucks have had steering and tie rod issues - what should I be on the look out for?

If your steering is not working properly, I believe it would be due to the major power steering fluid leak. In order to resolve this issue the power steering fluid system must be functioning properly. Once this has been done, you will know the leak source. Likely sources of power steering fluid leaks are the power steering pump, hoses, and the rack and pinion. Be sure that all of these parts are checked thoroughly. If you would like, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the power steering leakage and make necessary repairs.

3. Steering Wheel Locked, Leaking Power Steering Fluid