Q: Wants to stall. At idle and under acceleration

Truck doesnt want to idle once warmed up. Truck also wants to stall when off the gas coming to a stop. Also sputters under acceleration.

Hi there:

If your 1986 Dodge W250 is fuel injected, this issue is commonly caused by an idle control valve or the throttle body which is most likely dirty and simply needs to be cleaned. If it’s the carburetor version then you’ll most likely have bleed screws that are faulty; or an issue with the float bowls; which will require you to rebuild and clean the carburetor. It could be a vacuum leak as well that is causing your idle issues. To reduce the guess work you might want to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a engine idle is rough inspection so they can correctly diagnose this issue and recommend the right repairs be completed.