Q: VW Passat won't start

Car won't start just lights turn on but no crank or nothing. The key has a chip and some of the engine fuses don't have a current

Hi There, This could be related to many different possibilities, but is most likely a bad connection between the battery and the starter relay. The starter relay directs power from the battery to the starter solenoid which then engages the starter when you turn the key. When this is not working properly, you may notice intermittent starting problems including no response when turning the key to start. Generally, when this does fail, it does so very randomly and usually without warning other than intermittent starting. The power from the battery will still power other accessories such as radio, horn, etc., but you may not have any power to the starter. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. VW Passat won't start