Q: Q: Oil light goes off and on.

i overrolled the engine of vw jetta model 2001 engine size 1.6 four piston, i deed all every thing were needed is making one kick when i start the engine but the main the fact that i do not understant is over heating and other thing is torching oil light and is fosting the driver to stop aside for a liddle moment of time then after that when you start again is allowing the driver to travell a certain distance, after that is beggin to torch the oil light again and want the driver to stop aside again.

Hi There, It sounds like you may not have the proper amount of oil in the engine causing the oil light to come on and the motor to overheat. I would recommend checking the actual oil level in the motor by using the dipstick. Be sure the oil level reaches the "full" mark. Many vehicles also have a safety feature built into the vehicle’s computer system which will shut the engine down completely or trigger a “safe mode” of some kind which will drastically limit the vehicle’s engine power to avoid further engine damage until the oil pressure problem is corrected. Another possibility may be that the oil pump may not be properly circulating the oil causing a drop in oil pressure and causing the overheating due to lack of lubrication.

3. Q: Oil light goes off and on.