Q: vehicle doesnt move when transmission is engage

i took my car to a mechanic to change the trans.fluid and it level was ok after the transmission fluid is change so on my way going home i parked to see a friend of mine after that i enter the car to move and i noticed it doesnt move both frnt and rear when gear is engaged.

A: If the transmission functioned prior to the...

If the transmission functioned prior to the service, one of two things may have happened. First of all, it could be that the mechanic did not perform the transmission service properly and the level is low. The other option is that performing the service pushed an already failing transmission over the edge. Sometimes old, dirty fluid is all that’s holding a transmission together. I recommend having your transmission issue inspected by a professional. YourMechanic is an excellent option because we come to you and can save you a tow bill.