Q: Van will turn over but not start

We bought this van nowing that it would not start but was told it was the alternator we have come to the conclusion that it's not the alternator unhooked the battery cable and the van will stay running but once we cut it off it will not start back now it will turn over but not start when it does turn over it almost will start but doesn't

You should have a technician inspect the vehicle as to why it is not starting. Disconnecting the battery while the vehicle is running to check the charging system on late model cars is not advisable. Electronic control units like the engine ecu or pcm (powertrain control module) generally control signals from/for sensors and switches by grounding them. Disconnecting and reconnecting the battery while the engine is running can spike any one or numerous parts of the vehicle electronics. If you would like, a professional from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your vehicle, and give you a diagnosis of why your vehicle is not starting.