Q: My car works only in reverse not in drive

asked by on March 03, 2017

When I put the car in drive it only revs won't move but when I put in reverse it works find

Gears slipping when accelerating Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The forward clutch seems to be not applying in the transmission. The forward clutch drives all of the forward gears in the transmission. The forward clutch could be slipping, the seals on the forward clutch could be damaged, or the input seals on the input shaft could be damaged causing a mass leak to the forward clutch. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transmission issue.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr