Q: Tuck won't start after installing new radio

My friend changed out his old radio with a new one, but before cutting the old wires he didn't disconnect the battery. It made a spark. He continued to change out the radio. When he was done everything worked fine. Radio, lights, and outside likes worked like normal. When he went to start the truck nothing happened. The battery light comes on and says Service battery system. What's the problem?

Hello there, a variety of issues from installing a radio will prevent your 2007 Chevrolet Silverado from starting. When the spark occurred this was the wiring shorting. When the wiring shorts it can cause fuses to blow. The fuses can blow on a many different circuits such and when this occurs the system the fuse is for will not work. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to inspect the wiring and check its condition as well as diagnose the wiring harness.