Q: Q: truck wont start

When starting I push clutch in an won't start just makes an single click. Takes a few times turning key for it to start. For awhile you could push in clutch real hard an would start. Now taking more turns of key to start. And geting worse. Can't afford to do a whole lot. Please help

A single loud click typically means that you have a starter going bad which would require replacement. To verify it isn’t the clutch safety switch you could just jump a paper clip (temporarily) across the two pins of the clutch switch located on the top of the pedal to see if it starts regularly.

Or when it is clicking you could tap on the starter with a long screwdriver and see if it starts. If so, you can almost guarantee it is a starter.

If you feel like you need help with these checks, feel free to contact a certified mechanic who can diagnose your starting issue firsthand and fix it accordingly.

Hello. From the symptoms you’ve described it would appear that you may be having an issue with the clutch safety switch, or perhaps the ignition switch.

The neutral safety switch is the switch located at the clutch pedal that allows the engine to start when the pedal is depressed.

The ignition switch is the electrical switch that is activated when the key is turned, to start the vehicle. If either of these switches have any issues they can produce the symptoms you are experiencing.

I’d recommend having the vehicle inspected by a certified mechanic, they will be able to pinpoint the starting issue firsthand and fix it accordingly.

3. Q: truck wont start