Q: VW Bora V5 2001 automatic dosnt shift gear from 3rd (manually shifted) until i hit the rpm over 6000 plus

G'day Ive got VW Bora V5 2001 automatic. The issue I am having is when I put it in the D drive and take off it starts fine but it stuck at 3rd gear (i figure because if i do it manually it dosnt go up from 3rd) if i give it a rev until it hit the 5000,6000 RPM it the changes the gear to higher gears .. any idea what does this thing has to do with . your help will be appreciated cheers

This is common when the vehicle is low on transmission fluid or has a faulty transmission control solenoid. Automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take the car for a test drive to more specifically determine the cause for this.

• VW Bora V5 2001 automatic dosnt shift gear from 3rd (manually shifted) until i hit the rpm over 6000 plus