Q: My transmission makes a clicking sound when get on the gas what could this be?

My transmission makes a loud clicking sound whenever I give it gas after stopping at traffic light or pulling off from a stopped postoin. After getting off the gas for a split second it stops ticking

Hi there. Usually a transmission does not make a clicking sound. In most cases, when a car is in gear and you hear a clicking sound that increases as the vehicle speed increases, it could be caused by an axle, differential component or even a belt or pulley. If the noise is closer to a grinding sound, the problem could be as simple as a transmission fluid and filter needing to be flushed and replaced, or a failed synchronizer. It might be a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is making a noise inspection so that the issue can be isolated and diagnosed correctly.

• My transmission makes a clicking sound when get on the gas what could this be?