Q: Truck won't start

My truck has fuel pressure in the rail, but won't start. There is no fuel on my spark plugs. I have been told it is probably my ECM. I put in a used ECM, it almost started, but didn't. What do you think?

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. If the truck is ...

Hi, thanks for writing in. If the truck is getting the correct fuel pressure to the fuel rail, but does not deliver fuel to the spark plugs, this may suggest a fuel injector problem. I would start with checking the connections at the injectors to be sure they are getting the proper power and pulse. Be sure to check the fuel pressure to confirm that it is in fact high enough to get the fuel to the injectors. Your application should have between 60-66 psi of fuel pressure. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.