Q: Truck will start and then die down. Then sometimes it won't start at all, only turn over

My truck will start and then die down. Then sometimes it only turns over not start. Not sure what to work on.

Hi there. In many cases, a hard starting issue is caused by a fuel system or ignition system failure. When the starting is inconsistent; it tends to be fuel related. The best way to begin any diagnostic process it to begin with a check engine light inspection. Although you may not have lights illuminated on the dash, it is quite possible that error codes are stored in the ECU. Having a professional mobile mechanic provide a car is hard to start inspection will also significantly reduce your time and expense in trying to trace down the root cause of the problem.

3. Truck will start and then die down. Then sometimes it won't start at all, only turn over