Q: Truck will die after just idling or have no power and sputter while driving and lock up

I'll be driving down the road and my truck will begin to jump rpms and loose power and then die on me and it won't start again until cooked down after about 20 minutes or so. I have flushed the coolant changed the fuel pump and fuel filter and down regular oil changes. Could it be the crank sensor? I have run diagnostics and it came up as a trouble code going to replace it today.

A: Hi there. Usually a hard to start issue whe...

Hi there. Usually a hard to start issue when the motor is warm is caused to an ignition timing malfunction; which in the case of your Silverado may be the crank sensor. If you downloaded the ECU and received the appropriate OBD-II error code indicating a problem with this component, replace the crank sensor; but make sure you reset the OBD-II error codes before starting the vehicle again. If you complete this repair and the issue still exists, feel free to contact one of our professional mechanics to complete an engine is hard to start inspection.