Q: truck was fine, put a diagnostic machine on it took it off now it won't start? what would cause it to to that?

truck was fine, my son put a diagnostic machine on it now the truck won't start???
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Check to see if the scanner was hooked up with the key on or the engine running. The pins could cause a short in the system and burn out the ECM. Check all of the fuses and see if any of them are blown. If you need further assistance with your engine not starting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• truck was fine, put a diagnostic machine on it took it off now it won't start? what would cause it to to that?