Q: Truck starts then dies

Turned off truck at gas station, wouldn't turn back on. Replaced the starter, didn't fix the problem. Took off the ignition switch from the column to check for corrosion and then plugged it back it. Truck now turns over and the dies one second later. Tried a different ignition switch with same results. Thinking it could be VATS/passlock issue, but there is no constant blinking security light. I tried doing the 10 min relearn for the computer which didn't help. Possibly an electrical issue somewhere else. Or need to replace ignition cylinder.

Any help/direction is appreciated. Thanks, Bob

Hi. I think you have an issue with the pass key or security system in your car. I have seen the chip in the key fail causing the problem that you described. It is very possible that there is some wiring that had gone bad or broken causing this too. The place I would start with is a new key and have it programed and see if that fixes the issue. If there is still an issue after that then I would look into replacing the security system module and have that reprogramed as well. Reprogramming is usually done by a dealership.

3. Truck starts then dies