Q: Truck stalled and will not restart

My truck started up, but while backing out of the driveway, it died while in reverse. Now, it won't start. It makes no noise, not even a clicking noise. The only thing it is doing is a red light came on and it is making a buzzing noise. I replaced the battery and terminals, but it still doesn't start. I did notice the oil pan is missing a bolt when I climbed under the truck.

A: Hello, since it won't start, that is wh...

Hello, since it won't start, that is where I would begin an inspection. Power should be checked at the starter. The larger red lead should have 12v at all times and the smaller wire going to the solenoid should only have power in the start position. If there is no power at either one, that circuit needs to checked to see where the failure of power flow is at. There are few items in the starter circuit that may be causing problems. For example, the ignition switch, a fuse, a relay, power to the switched portion of the relay are all possible culprits. If power is present at both leads to the starter, then it has failed but voltage drop both leads first. I suggest having a certified technician from YourMechanic diagnose your car's starting issue to have this problem resolved promptly.