Q: Truck shuddering after heavy rain

My truck is shuddering badly. I have replaced the plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, ignition coil, fuel line, and fuel filter. The problem started after it rained heavily.

A: There are countless potential causes for th...

There are countless potential causes for the symptoms you are having. Anything from a failed fuel injector to an internal engine problem could be the cause. But, since you only said it started happening after the truck got wet, I would take a look at the single module engine controller (SMEC). Usually the control module is far down my list on of possible suspects but this particular unit is located in a place susceptible to water intrusion. It's it in the engine compartment on the left inner fender. I suggest you have a trained mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your vehicle to see if this is the problem.