Q: Q: Truck not starting

My truck is a 1992 Chevy Silverado 1500 4wheel drive with a tilt steering wheel. One day it would not start. So, I replaced my starter, and the truck still would not start. I then replaced the starter switch. Still the truck would not start. All the lights on the dash came on and wouldn't go off, and made a clicking noise. There are two wires to the starter. The thicker wire has power, however the smaller one does not. How would I go about fixing this?

Hi, thanks for writing in. This is quite likely a faulty starter relay. This is a unit that directs power from the battery to the starter. When this is faulty it will cause the clicking sound you are describing. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. Q: Truck not starting