Q: Truck is dying when in drive. 1999 Ford F-150

I have a 99 Ford f150 with the 4.6. Here lately it has been rough idling and will die at a red light. I have replaced the EGR valve and mass air flow sensor. I don't know what else to do. I need help this is my only ride.

Hello. If this issue it only occurring at idle, then it is either due to a vacuum leak in the engine or more commonly a failing idle air control valve. This is a common failure on this vehicle.

I usually start by checking the computer for any codes and then I monitor the sensor signals just to make sure nothing is abnormal. If everything is fine then I do a smoke test of the intake system to check for vacuum leaks. If this is okay, then I clean the throttle body and replace the idle control valve. If you are thinking of having your idling issue repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the stalling issue and moving forward with repair.