Q: Truck every once in awhile will hesitate when hit brakes real quick and get back on gas

I've replaced egr valve and pressure sensor mass air flow sensor...think it's fuel filter or fuel pressure sensor. Truck only hesitates once in awhile can go couple days without hesitation.

When you hit the brakes real quick, this means you closed the throttle real quick. When this happens you may have excessive fuel in the engine and the computer shut off the injectors. When you open the throttle back up, the excess fuel dumps in the cylinder and may cause the hesitation.

Let us not forget that the transmission may be in a lower gear and just went to the higher gear. I think this is a normal action. You can try cleaning the injectors, replacing fuel filter as maintenance, but do not expect it to change. If you were looking to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your car’s hesitation issue.

• Truck every once in awhile will hesitate when hit brakes real quick and get back on gas