Q: Automatic transaxle light and check engine light are on.

Code Pulled P0753 Shift solenoid a electric When engine starts revs up to 2000 rpm instantly never had this problem until the at light. Problem only happens when the at light turns on late during the drive. Stays in 3rd gear/hard shift to 3rd when on 5th on the high way when the light turns on. Stays around 4000 rpm and increases above 45 mph limp mode. Car jerks when putting on reverse and drive from park when the at light is on. Car works fine until the at light turns on, and the car start 2000 rpm start up/idle doesn't go down. Dealership recommended 3 options additional diag for wiring harness, transmission fluid and valve body replacement without explaining which option is better to it would even fix it.

Transmission Fluid Service $125.08 - $440.73 Get a Quote

Hi there. Check the transmission fluid level and color. The fluid should be full when the engine is running at either cold or hot conditions. Plus the fluid should be red in color. If the fluid is dark red in color or is Maroon in color, then the fluid is varnished and needs serviced. I recommend servicing the transmission oil and filter if the transmission has not been serviced before or if its do for a service. This will help with the code P0753, shift solenoid A has stopped working. If the fluid was replaced and the vehicle still won’t drive correctly, then check the harness to the transmission and see if the shift solenoid A is getting power. Check the pins on the transmission for a resistance reading. If all of the pins have a resistance reading but not high, then the solenoids are functional but they may not work properly. I recommend replacing the shift solenoid A if the problem continues. If you need further assistance with your transmission not shifting correctly, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.