Q: Truck dies at slow speed once warmed up cuts out real bad and dies

I have a 2005 F150 5.4. Recently changed brake rotors on and then a week or two later engine started acting up, and when idling, the engine would cut out really bad and sometimes die while in drive, sometimes while going at a slow speed in the middle of driving. Engine dies a lot easier when I go in reverse. Light came on and had the code read and the camshaft positioning sensor on bank 1 was bad so I went ahead and replaced both sensors bank 1 and 2. Engine still does the same thing. Reset the engine and still doing same thing. When truck is idling it typically has a surge to it and after driving truck for 15-20 miles is when it starts acting up when come to a stop or slow speed.

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. I'd be...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. I'd be happy to help. I would recommend checking the mass air flow sensor, as this is a commonly failing part that regulates the flow of air into the intake system as it mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this is faulty, this will also cause the truck to die occasionally and/or surge. If you'd like, one of our certified automotive technicians can come to your home or office to inspect the mass air flow sensor for you and make any repairs if needed.