Q: Truck died and won't even crank over

While driving the truck it died tried fixing it ended up having it towed home unhooked battery and plugged it back in and still nothing the truck won't register whether it's in park or any other gear truck won't even crank over the gas gauge says it's on empty the security light flashes but goes off replaced neutral safety switch nothing checked grounds nothing worried it could be the ecm we can get it to crank if we jump starter across but it will not start or run

The GM vehicles around this model year have a notorious problem for theft and ECM issues. I would recommend having your [vehicle inspected]https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/check-engine-light-is-on-inspection) by a qualified professional who is proficcient in General Motors theft system diagnosis and repair. These systems can be very difficult to diagnose without the proper tools and equipment. If you would like to have your theft system inspected, consider YourMechanic, as a certified professional can come to your home or office to determine the cause of your no start issue. Another potential cause of this issue would be the alternator. Be sure to have the alternator inspected as well to make sure the battery is being charged properly.

3. Truck died and won't even crank over